Looking at fashion in a globally conscious and rebellious way. Not all of us have glitter in our eyes.

DIY: Leg warmers/ boot socks

DIY

So walking to class today in 89 degree weather I spotted three red leaves on a tree and I almost jumped up and down with joy. Seriously I can't explain how happy those three little leaves made me. I LOVE fall. The weather, the food, halloween, sitting by the fire, hot chocolate, crunchy leaves, and for some reason a plethora of Tom Hanks movies playing on T.V. But what I love most is fall fashion.

Being from the south where it gets hotter than Satan's ass, I don't always get to wear the super cute jackets and sweaters and scarves and boots that I love. So now that I live in Illinois, fall is something that I always look forward too. Along with my love for autumn, come my love for thrift shopping and DIY fashion. As usual I was scrolling through pintrist and stopped short when I saw the cutest boot socks. Low and behold when I clicked on the picture it took me to one of my favorite DIY sites, The Renegade Seamstress, and to a very easy but very fun project that I will definitely be doing come fall.



So easy, right? Just find a sweater with a cool pattern at a thrift store and cut off the sleeves. You don't need to sew anything and you automatically have super cute (and super cheap) boot socks. They are cozy and warm and can go under boots if thin enough or over like in the picture.


I am going to start shopping for fall and winter soon so when I make some of these I will take some pictures and post them. I'll put some outfits together and show you how I style them.


Check out Renegade Seamstress!

BTW Keep an eye out for more posts on fall fashion and halloween/costuming coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment