Looking at fashion in a globally conscious and rebellious way. Not all of us have glitter in our eyes.

Daily Dose # 3

Animal Prints: Jersey shore or Rock n' Roll?

Personally, I have always had a love/hate relationship with animal prints. My style has always been a bit out there and I try to push the limits when it comes to bold prints and patterns. However, when it comes to animal prints, I think that you can walk a very thin line. I love to wear animal prints that add a little rock n' roll to my outfits. Think Mick Jagger, Jimmy Hendricks, Stephan Tyler. That cool punk rocker look that was popular in the late 70's and 80's and even into the 90s is not exactly easy to pull off but its definitely iconic and can make you stand out in a crowd.

On the other hand, too much of a good thing can take you from effortlessly cool to tacky in no time. If you are going to wear an animal print, choose it for only one piece of clothing and pair it with something else somewhat neutral. For example, if you find an amazing cheetah print shirt, wear less flashy pants or a skirt that is maybe black or white. (Black always is a go to for me when I wear animal prints). If you try to mix too many prints into one outfit, you might end up looking like a voted off cast member of jersey shore. In this case, simplicity is better ( and that is one of the few and probably only times you will hear me say that.)

http://wheretoget.it/tag/animal+print/2153


Here are some outfit ideas for that rocker look with animal prints:
This black leather skirt from ASOS
buy this skirt!
Paired with this edgy button down shirt from  Frank & Doll
Buy this shirt!
A cool but casual snakeskin dress from US Tredny
Buy this dress!
Paired with this fringe leather jacket by Steve Madden
Buy this jacket!

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of theresglitterintheireyes blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service


    ReplyDelete