Looking at fashion in a globally conscious and rebellious way. Not all of us have glitter in our eyes.

Daily Dose # 6

Daily Dose: The All Black Outfit

Growing up in the south, I was constantly surrounded by pastel colors and Lilly, preppy prints and palm tree patterns. There is a special place in my heart for all of those things of course, but I was always that weird kid in all black. Now, before you assume that I was one of those teens that went through a goth stage, I actually wasn't. I went through a punk stage, never came out of it actually, but never full on goth like some. 

Anyway the all black to me seemed edgy and sophisticated at the same time. It was classic with a little bit of rock and roll, depending on what fabrics I chose. CoCo Chanel actually said,"Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. ... [Its] beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony." Its also slimming which never hurts. 

Some people think that wearing all one color is limiting. False. They just don't have an imagination. You think there are a lot of colors out there? They are just as many fabrics and textiles. Try playing around with those and you will be surprised how much variety you will find. Some people get so focused on colors that they miss all the other fun stuff to play around with in fashion. 

So here's some ways that I personally love to do the All Black Outfit:













Outfits from Forever 21



No comments:

Post a Comment