Looking at fashion in a globally conscious and rebellious way. Not all of us have glitter in our eyes.

DIY: hanging art

So I am addicted to pintrist and the DIY section. One day while I was search through it I saw the coolest picture of this art installation someone had made with sticks. You are thinking..sticks? Art with sticks? yea ok go back to kindergarden. But seriously this was so cute on this girls wall and I just had to make it for myself.

Here is an example of the picture I saw:
( made by http://ellensdailyheart.blogspot.com/2012/06/day-277.html)

I also love these by Bonjour Frenchie


So anyway it wasn't a hard thing to make and it was such a cool idea for the big blank wall in the apartment. Its bright and cheerful but also earthy and different.

Here's what you need:
-sticks, twigs, branches (depending on what size you want)
-paint ( I got the 99 cent kind from walmart)
-paint brushes
-newspaper
-any kind of clear gloss ( I used the spray paint kind also from Walmart)
-string or wire
-nails
-hooks

This whole project cost me probably about $30 and it took probably 3 hours to do all the painting. Search the internet for some cool designs and ways to hang your sticks once they are painted and dry. 

Here's what my finished project looked like!!



No comments:

Post a Comment